Wednesday 17 April 2013

Best Homes & Lifestyle: Q Haute Cuisine

-->
Like all things that bring quality, originality, and dedication to the mix, I have to say my culinary experience at Q Haute Cuisine was of a caliber that was unexpected and simply too good to keep to myself.

Firstly I must that the evening was not pretentious… a relief really as I don’t require that to feel special. Instead, the entire staff was congenial and enthusiastic and the evening itself a great education that engaged not only the food itself but the preparation. Engaging all five senses, I experienced passion, daring, and whimsical inspiration. It was an adventure and one I that would strongly recommend to all who enjoy fine dining.

Overlooking the Bow River the location itself provides the views that contribute to its warm and inviting ambience. Immediately I was taken with the small details of the place setting and the attentiveness of the staff, which oddly was never intrusive.

My dinner companion and I opted for the chef’s selection and wine pairing and were very glad we did. It was an impressive balance of presentation, texture, flavour, and anticipation for the next course. I personally found the delicate smoked eel in a parsley gelatin roll and the anchovy tempura a true delight. Again, the texture of each dish was as distinctive as its flavour and the table side personal touches by our very knowledgeable waiters made the evening indulgent and memorable.

A tour of the kitchens was also unexpected and entertaining. We found that Q Haute has three chefs on every night regardless of volume for a consistent experience uniquely its own. We also observed their special cooking and freezing methods that brought each dish to new heights. Sadly I could make very few of them at home, but that’s the point, isn’t it?

By the end of the evening I was feeling somewhat spoiled and a little dazed by the sheer dedication to their craft. If you haven’t yet tried it make it on this month’s bucket list. Did I mention that they are currently one of the top five restaurants in Canada? 

- Cindy Chobanik, Editor in Chief

No comments:

Post a Comment